glabels

Nathan Howell nathan at atdot.ca
Tue Jul 24 17:34:40 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
> I was recently introduced to glabels which seems to be a very handy
> piece of software. I was considering its use for making labels for DVDs
> and noticed that it did not seem possible to produce a single label.
> What I mean is that sheets of labels have two blank labels and when a
> label is designed with glabels it prints the same label on both of them.
> This is a waste of a label as the DVD only requires one.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to print two different labels on a
> sheet with two blank labels? Thanks

Sure, when you open the print dialog, there's an option called 'Labels
from' and two number entry boxes. You can print either disc label by
changing the numbers. You have to print twice to get two different
labels on one sheet, but that's not a big deal.

(I'm running ubuntu 7.04, I don't know if older versions of glabels had
this option or not, but I remember using it quite some time ago.)

Nathan