sending messages

Nathan Howell nathan at atdot.ca
Sat Jul 21 18:22:28 UTC 2007

Shali 9846303531 wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am an Asst Librairan providing internet services, i am using ubuntu
> systems for internet services,some times i need to pass some messages to
> the internet users, is it possible to sending those messages through
> systems???please suggest....
> thanking you,

The zenity or notify-send commands might be what you're looking for.
Zenity will pop up a dialog with whatever text you want, and the user
will have to click OK to close it. Notify-send will display a pop-up
notification that will go away on it's own after some amount of time
(you can change the time).

Nathan