Ubuntu 7.04 Server Upgrade

Steve Grace sgrace at pobox.com
Sat Jul 21 00:19:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 10:52 -0400, jack wrote:
> I ran an upgrade this morning of 7.04 server, and got this...
> The following packages have been kept back:
> linux-image-server linux-server
>
> Does anyone know why this package would be held and not upgraded ?
> (I'm running a newly installed 7.04 server as of yesterday - 7/19)

I'm sure someone else will have a more comprehensive answer, but I've
found I can't upgrade kernal files from the command line (which is how I
upgrade everything else). I use (desktop) Ubuntu and have to
double-click the notification icon to upgrade these files. I don't know
what you need to do to upgrade a server with no graphical desktop.