scanners

Magnus Runesson mr-ubuntu at linuxalert.org
Thu Jul 19 10:44:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 11:15 +0100, norman wrote:
> You may remember that when 7.04 was launched certain USB scanners
> stopped working and, so far, continue not to work. Could I be told
> whether this matter is being followed up and rectified in the next
> Ubuntu release?

I can unfortunately not answer your direct question. But when I
investigated my issues with my Canon Lide 20 I found some information on
the net.

By loading the program scanbuttond before I start Xsane the scanner
start working again. It is not a pretty solution but at least I can scan
again.

The package is called scanbuttond and can be found in Universe.

Regards,
/Magnus

--
http://theworldofapenguin.blogspot.com