NetworkManager, VPN, resolv.conf

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:54:22 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Akshay Lamba <akshay at lambaweb.com> wrote:
> Zach wrote:
> > Anybody have a solution or workaround to this
> Is this an openVPN connection? If it is, do you have "persist-tun" as
> part of your conf?

It's both openvpn as well as vpnc, so not openvpn specific.

I'm not sure what persist-tun would do for me, since the problem is
resolv.conf getting clobbered at dhcp renewal.  The tunnel stays up
just fine.  If I manually copy the proper resolve.conf back,
everything is happy again.

The resolv.conf gets clobbered like clockwork at every dhcp renewal.
The next renewal is always identified in
/var/lib/dhcp3/dhclient.<interface>.leases

I had just never noticed this problem before now, due to the very
short renewal period (30 min) of the network I'm plugged into.

Zach