boot splash screen

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Wed Jul 18 06:57:43 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 NoOp's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> I had the exact same problem on one of my machines & vga=normal didn't
> work. I ended up using:
>
> sudo hwinfo --framebuffer | grep 'Mode '

Sorry but it is not working. I've tried to use hwinfo and tried a few modes
but at the boot grub tells me I passed an invalid mode, asking me for base
mdoes like 80x60. I've tried several of them but the screen is still black.
Moreover I've installed kubuntu-grub-splashimages but now I don't see any
selection in the grub boot menu. I mean, I'm still able to select a boot
system but I don't see on the screen what I'm selecting....

Any idea?

Thanks,
Luca