Trash

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 21:09:14 UTC 2007

On 17/07/07, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 17:29 -0400, Brian McKee wrote:
> > No friend - just a lot of people with the same problem.
>
> I meant "friend" in the sense that searching bug reports in Launchpad
> helps tracking down such things, often more so than asking on the list.

Yes, I know.  I phrased my reply poorly.  I was just trying to say
there wasn't much information there about fixing the problem, just
confirmation it exists intermittantly for many people.

> > Oh - and ME TOO - only I'm getting it on just some of my partitions -
> > e.g. /other/Music and /other/Video are two different harddrives
> > (neither of them /) and one of them updates the trash icon and one of
> > them doesn't.....
>
> Maybe you want to add this information to the report, if it isn't there
> already.

I was going to, but my setup is fairly nonstandard and I didn't think
it was that useful.  Truth be told - it was the reason I switched to
KDE for a  while on that box.  In the end I'm back to Gnome, but my
balky trashcan continues.

> >  Please let us
> > know if that fixes it and post that info on the bug report too....
> I didn't open this report, and I am in no way involved in fixing it.
> Please track the issue for yourself :)

That was the royal 'you' :-)

I meant anybody that finds anything that actually works to fix the
issue I'd appreciate if they posted a note to the list...  There was
an earlier comment about deleting metainfo I was curious to hear the
results of.

Brian