NetworkManager, VPN, resolv.conf

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:27:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using NetworkManager plugins for vpn connections (both openvpn and
vpnc).  I've noticed that when the dhcp lease is renewed on the local
network, it clobbers the resolv.conf that NetworkManager created for
the VPN connection, and I have to disconnect/reconnect to the VPN.

This is really annoying because dhcp renewal period on the network I'm
plugged into is 30 minutes.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is this a known bug?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Zach C.