No subject

Allan Valeriano allvaleriano at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:00:43 UTC 2007

Getting a ride on this question.
When I install ubuntu, it asks me to choose a user name and a password. I
assumed that this is going to be the same pass as the su will use, cuz
ubuntu doesn't ask me another pass for the root user.
After that, I tried to change the root pass by the interface, but I'm still
having problems with that.
When I type "sudo command", it accepts only the old pass, but when I type
"su", it accepts only the new pass.

Does anybody knows why could it be happening?

thanks in advance
Allan