Cannot copy!!

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 21:05:16 UTC 2007

On 7/15/07, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Christofer C. Bell wrote:
>
> > Ok, I misread what the other guy said, talking about ssh and whatnot.
> > If you'd like a full featured remote display application for Ubuntu
> > that allows copying and pasting from Ubuntu to Windows, then I'd
> > suggest enabling the Seveas repository and installing freenx.
>
> Is that still maintained?  It was so badly out of date last time I checked
> that I gave up and went with the NX from NoMachine.  The freenx server
> wouldn't work with recent Windows NX clients.

I don't know what the current version of the server is, here's the
version information from the Seveas package.

cbell at circe:~$ dpkg -s freenx | grep Version
Version: 0.6.0-0~seveas2
cbell at circe:~$

This version did not work with the NX Desktop software I was using
under Dapper, I had to upgrade to the newest client[1] from
NoMachine's site[2], so I'm guessing this is at least reasonably
recent. ;-)

[1] 3.0.0-65
[2] http://www.nomachine.com/

--