HP LaserJet 4050 help

Wade Smart wade at wadesmart.com
Sun Jul 15 20:05:11 UTC 2007

SteVe Cook wrote:

> Just a thought have you tried some thing like
> echo "Printer test" > dev/lp0
> echo "^l" > /dev/lp0
>
> To see if that prints.
>
> Clear any outstanding jobs first
>
> SteVe
07152007 1503 GMT-6 DST

I shut down and checked my BIOS but I didnt see anything that would
indicate that I should be looking for something there.

I tried the echo:
wadesmart at wadesmart:~$ echo "Printer test" > /dev/lp0
bash: /dev/lp0: Permission denied

So I tried sudo echo ....Permission denied.

Does that make any sense?

wade