Program to Merge two partitions???

David Vincent dvincent at sleepdeprived.ca
Sun Jul 15 04:17:51 UTC 2007

> I've got a 320GB drive. it's currently split into 2 partitions. One is
> 200GB and the other is 120GB.
> My home drive is currently mounted on the 200 GB partition. and the
> 120GB partition is raw. It doesn't have anything on it.
>
> I would like to add the 120GB partition to my Home drive without
> damaging my data.
>
> I would preferably like to use a free program within the repositories.
> I.E. not partition magic, though it would do the job.

GParted, QTParted would both do it.  You have to unmount your home drive
before you could do it from within a Ubuntu session.

So thats why I suggest using this bootable CD:

http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

Then delete your raw partition and expand your 200gb partition and use
the new free space.

-d