Cannot copy!!

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 23:02:47 UTC 2007

On 7/14/07, Pete Holsberg <pjh42 at pobox.com> wrote:
> Christofer C. Bell keyed the following on 7/14/2007 6:22 PM:
> >  On 7/14/07, Pete Holsberg <pjh42 at pobox.com> wrote:
> > > So you're saying that VNC is at fault???
> >
> >  VNC is not at fault any more than a hammer is at fault for not being
> >  able to work with screws.  VNC is a display program, not a file
> >  transfer program.  You're trying to use the wrong tool for the job.
>
> There are programs that do not interfere with Window's ability to copy
> and paste.

Ok, I misread what the other guy said, talking about ssh and whatnot.
If you'd like a full featured remote display application for Ubuntu
that allows copying and pasting from Ubuntu to Windows, then I'd
suggest enabling the Seveas repository and installing freenx.

Here's my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freenx.list file:

# Seveas mirror for the freenx software.  For more information on Seveas and
# freenx, please refer to the following information:
#
#    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreeNX and
#    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SeveasPackages
#
# The homepage for the Seveas project is:
#
#    http://seveas.ubuntulinux.nl/
#
# To install gpg keys for this repository, run the following commands:
#
#       $ gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 1135D466
#       $ gpg --export --armor 1135D466 | sudo apt-key add -
#

### CHANGELOG ###
#
# 24-JUN-2007, CCB -- Pointed archive at feisty at imbrandon.com