CD-ROM automount

Darryl LeCount darryl at jamyskis.net
Fri Jul 13 17:29:19 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 02:49 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> Is there some important reason why you need the autofs package ?
> apt-file reports that /etc/init.d/autofs comes from that package.
>
> Peter

I installed autofs in the belief that the reason my discs just ceased to
automount was that this package was missing. Removing is has made no
difference. CDs and DVDs still refuse to automount, and if I leave the
CD or DVD in during boot, the icon shows up, and upon ejecting, the icon
stays there.

Darryl

--
Darryl LeCount
www.jamyskis.net
darryl at jamyskis.net

PGP Key: 1E94A0F1
To confirm the authenticity of this mail, add this key to your PGP keyring.
Um den Ursprung dieses E-Mails zu bestätigen, bitte diesen Schüssel in Ihren PGP-Schlüsselbund einfügen.
Pour vérifier l'authenticité de ce courriel, ajoutez ce clé à votre porte-clés PGP.