GoogleDesktop - After 48 hours its only at .1%

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 22:54:49 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 09:42:41 Wade Smart wrote:
> Felipe Figueiredo wrote:

> > You're lucky to even see the interface. All I get is a blank page, even
> > after several, several.... several hours.

[..]

> Well, as of this morning, its not indexed any other files. The GD groups
> it seems has one person from Google who knows anything but they are only
> interested in the help system. There are more problems than working
> software I think.
>
> Youre right, beagle works so Im uninstalling gd.

Well, what can I say? I just found out that my problem was firewall related.
It seems GDL needs to ping localhost, and I was unintentionally blocking it.

It seems to be ok now. It's  Back to google-liking mode.

About your indexing problem, check if your ~/.google seems to be growing.

I remember reading in the help site that the indexing always resets to 0%,
when the daemon starts, but only for informational purposes. The data indexed
is preserved.

Have you tried removing your .google dir and restarting from scratch? What
about uninstalling and re-installing the program?

regards
FF

--
- Porque quebra a linha de leitura.
- Por que não é bom escrever o reply em cima do email?