Can't get IP by DHCP (Wired network)

Dmitry Bond imperator.bm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:53:34 UTC 2007

Thanks to all for your help! I finally got the internet on my laptop,
but unfortunately, none of the solutions above helped me (DHCP still
couldn't work).

The case is pretty strange. I talked with my ISP admins and they
gave me static IPs and static settings. And it began working. Also
they told me that on ubuntu the DHCP doesn't work for this provider.
From other users on my ISP forums I heard that it's impossible to get
IP from DHCP in any linux system (or with great trouble).

Probably, it is a specific hardware on my ISP (Windows-native huh?).

Thanks!