Mytharchive lip-sync out

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 12:22:02 UTC 2007

On 10/07/07, GĂ©rard BIGOT <gerard.bigot at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/10/07, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 04/07/07, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am using the current packages on Ubuntu Feisty
> > > (0.20-svn20070122-0.0ubuntu6).  When I create DVDs with mytharchive
> > > the lip sync is a little out.  Anyone else have this problem and know
> > > a solution.  A frend of mine who does not know myth but develops
> > > embedded systems software for set-top boxes/PVRs sugested it may be a
> > > driver problem.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > So no one else is having this problem?
>

> First, I guess the mythtv forums a better for this kind of question

Tried there (I actually CCd this message here, the myth list was where
it was sent to).  I am running Ubuntu so thought it was worth a try
here ;)

> But, you may definitely  get a bit more answer if you give some information
> about your processor(s) , chipset, video, memory. Some details ...

It running on a Amd Sempron 3000+ with 512MB of memory.  The encoding
is not done in real time so ime not sure how relevant this is.  In
fact the mention above about possibly driver problem is probably not
relevant.

> Further, what is 'a little out', in  'the lip sync is a little out' ? Does
> it count in minutes, seconds, or pieces of nothings?

A few frames.  But I am interested to talk to anyone who has had any
sync problems with mytharchive.

> Or whatever you think of, that could help us.
>
> Because 'tee leaves' readers don't read this maillist, at the last survey.

Not sure what 'tee leaves' is in this context but it sounds vageley
homo erotic;)

Ben