Java, java, java, ... flash.

gary hypes ghypes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:49:03 UTC 2007

My web games site tells me that I don't have java installed and that I need
the latest version of flash from macromedia... and I'm having trouble
installing both.

I've followed the Ubuntu official docs instructions for getting and
installing java, but about the 5th or 6th instruction in the process it
tries to do a web-get from a weblink that doesn't seem to exist.

I've also tried downloading and installing flash from the Adobe (I think)
website, and several steps into the process it doesn't seem to find a
certain directory it's trying to copy files to.

Any help?

--
Gary Hypes
Now running Ubuntu 7.04, 'Feisty Fawn'