Stupid WINE Questions

Florian Brandner florian at brandner.net
Mon Jul 9 18:31:05 UTC 2007

Pete Holsberg schrieb:
> 1) I just installed WINE using the package manager and there's no help
> file. How do I get one?

"man wine"

> 2) How do I install a Windows application (Ubuntu 7.04) so that I can
> run it under WINE?

With wine itself. Start the installation-programm in a console with
"wine setup.exe"

For more information as well as more documentations, FAQs and so on go
to http://winehq.org/site/documentation

Depending on the program you want to run you maybe have to change or
tweak some settings, so you have to know at least a bit how wine works.
But at least for me I always found the answer at winehq.org :-)

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,	email:florian at brandner.net
Florian Brandner		http://www.brandner.net

This mail was send on Setting Orange, the 44th of Confusion in YOLD 3173.