GoogleDesktop - After 48 hours its only at .1%

SteVe Cook yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 7 08:57:15 UTC 2007

Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 17:54 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
>> 07062007 1752 GMT-6 DST
>>
>> I got Google Desktop installed and started indexing. But its been well
>> over a day and its at only .1%.  That isn't normal. Anyone noticing that
>> on their system?
>
> It took my notebook about 3 days to index everything. I believe the
> indexer only runs when the computer is not active, so it will not
> interfere with any work you are doing.
It does only index when the machine is not active.  I set it going on
two machines.  The one I was using only indexed the new mail and WEB
pages.  The other had the whole lot indexed in about 18hrs.  Don't
forget refresh the browser window if you are watching the index
progress, I forgot and thought nowt was happening at first.

SteVe