kvpnc 7.04

jack jdangler at terremark.com
Thu Jul 5 17:20:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 11:18 -0400, JD wrote:
> I installed kvpnc last night to try and connect to my work vpn.  I
> haven't
> gotten it to work yet, but after a reboot discovered an interesting
> problem... kvpnc is repeatedly opening sessions during startup... so
> far, I
> have 35 of them listed in ps... (and growing)
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Is kvpnc borked?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem with this vpn app?  I've
been hoping to find a solution to this, but if no one here has ever
encountered it, or uses this app, then my guess is that there is a good
reason why no one uses it and I'll need to find another app to use for
this purpose.  I'm trying to connect to our vpn at work (job
dependency), so I need this to work.  The app I'm trying to use at the
moment isn't quite working, but has an additional quirk of spawning
repeated dialogs for passwords on startup.  Any input is appreciated.