problem with Xorg

Njoku, George njokug at winthrop.edu
Thu Jul 5 17:08:57 UTC 2007

Don't know what type on Nvidia graphics card you're using but hardware
ace. In 'on' by default in most cases.

If you want to explicitly specify....just edit "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
.....under section "Screen", add 'Option "Accel"`

But since you cannot get X to start, I suggest you roll back any drivers
you installed previous to it working, login to a tty 'ctrl-alt-F1'

Steps

1.       roll back (uninstall the restricted drivers)

2.       reinstall xorg or x11-drivers

3.       you might have to edit xorg.conf

Once you get X running ....try commands like 'glxgears', glsinfo

Good luck

George