nvidia drivers - NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-100.14.11-pkg2.run

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Jul 5 04:39:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 22:34 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> None of those or any combination of them would run beryl on my Edgy.

Why?

> The nvidia site download does so I just bite the bullet and re-install
> with each reboot.

Huh? REINSTALL with each REBOOT? I have run nvidia's unpackaged drivers
before, and this certainly isn't required.

In any case (and this is for the OP), one should either run the kernel
module and the X driver from nvidia's site, or the packaged versions of
both. The fact that you mix the two leads to the version conflict that
you see.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NvidiaManual