google desktop out for linux?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 5 03:26:23 UTC 2007

On 07/04/2007 08:11 PM, ari sarkar wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 19:08 -0500, mustafa wrote:
>

>> i don't think yahoo allow pop3. atleast gmail has free pop3. and google
>> webinterface is so much superior to yahoo. yahoo's is like outlook/
>> thunderibrd which does not really work well online.
>
> I have yahoo email account (this account). It's configured perfectly
> with my Evolution and Kmail. Infact i'm replaying through evolution
> using its "reply to list" feature.

And I have many customers with Yahoo accounts that only access their
email via pop3 and smtp every day - thanks for an additional confirmation.

I think that mustafa missed this:

Q.
> For myself, I couldn't use, my ISP mail server, for mail,
> they only give 10MB of space.... please
> since gmail is 2GB and better, I can rest on the fact, when I get
> back from my trip, my mail is there, and not being bounce by Road Runner.
>
> now, keeping that in mine, if there another (better) solution, for
third party
> email servers, please post.

A.
> I'm not advocating one or the other (I don't/won't use gmail), but you
> can get a free Yahoo email account with *unlimited* storage (well I
> suppose in the same sense that you used to get 'unlimited' dialup hours
> on some ISP's):
>
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

Rick's problem (and solution) was to use gmail because it gives him 2GB.
Yahoo provides *unlimited*.

As I stated previously: "I'm not advocating one or the other", but there
are indeed alternate options.