Anyone who's just installed Feisty 7.04

K Theodor four27bc at msn.com
Mon Jul 2 09:04:35 UTC 2007

-

In the process of my trying to get Totem (the DVD-playing app. in Ubuntu
7.04) to play DVDs I deleted the default command which is to be found in:

System --> Preferences --> Removable Drives and Media --> Multimedia (tab)
Play video DVD discs when inserted, Command: ???

Any one who has very recently intalled 7.04 and has not as yet tampered with
this Command may want to email me the default command that she/he sees
there.

Besides that, I'm entirely new to Linux and Ubuntu too, and my DVD playing
region is 2 (that is Japan, Europe, South Africa and Middle East). What is
the best way to get to play DVD videos on Ubu. 7.04? My overall impression
from 7.04 so far has been "Why have I not been using an open source OS for
all these years?". Nevertheless, getting to play DVDs has shown to be rather
tricky.

Any suggestions welcome, and the advice on the default command should be
quite easy for any one who's just installed 7.04.

Cheers

Theo