switch between panels

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 30 05:56:37 UTC 2007

Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

> Well, in case the OP did mean workspaces, they can be changed with the
> alt left and right arrows.  Depending on the arrangement of the
> workspaces, you may also switch using the alt up and down arrows.  But

Odd... ALT+arrow does nothing here unless I feed it to Opera, which
looks for a previous/next link to follow. ;)

CTRL+ALT+arrow switches workspaces similar to ALT+TAB switching window
focus. Left/right/up/down depending as you say, on how your switcher
is configured. And SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+arrow drags the currently active
window along for the ride. The default is indeed two workspaces side by
side.

Just to be sure I'm not trippin' I created a fresh user, and  plugged
in a second keyboard on the odd chance it's a NumLock/keypad thing.
But as far as I can recall I've been using the same keystrokes since
whatever version of Gnome Fedora Core 3 installed, with any of the
standard themes (I think there's some that change key bindings). And a
quick Google seems to confirm several times over that CTRL+ALT+ is the
current default for Gnome, as well as KDE.

--
     _ _      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.