debain version

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Mon Jan 29 22:47:41 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 04:53:11PM -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
> Im looking at installing a pano app called Hugin located at
> http://hugin.sourceforge.net/download/, and it says packages available
> for apt debain 1 or apt debain 2.
>
> Ubuntu is based on debain but which one do I choose: 1 or 2?

I don't think the links in there mean that there are
versions of Debian called "Debian version 1" and "Debian
version 2." There are no such versions. If I'm reading those
links right, those are just two separate versions of the
package available for Debian. Or maybe two mirrors of the
same package. It's confusing.

In fact, the links themselves are confusing. One of them is
a link to a repository of many different Debian packages,
including mplayer and others.

If I had to guess, I'd say that those are links to two
Debian *repositories*, each of which contains Hugin. So
you'd need to add those repositories to your
/etc/apt/sources.list file and then do a regular
'sudo apt-get install hugin'.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org