lm-sensors

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 29 21:37:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:27:50 -0700
Homer wrote:

> > My MB won't be supported until Feisty is released - i.e. kernel
> > 2.6.19 (or 20). Maybe it's the same for yours.
>
> Likely so.  Do we have to wait for an OS update though or can we get
> it going sooner?

There are two options: (1) install the current snapshot of Feisty, (2)
roll your own kernel.

(1) is probably a bit risky at this stage - I'm waiting till it's beta
(6 weeks ??).

(2) in the old days this was the obvious option, but I get the
impression that nowadays it's much more complex because of the need for
it to be tailored to Ubunutu - but I don't know for sure, I'm not an
expert.  I haven't compiled a custom kernel for some while.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/