fstab, disk mounting issue

Homer fsunoles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 15:20:49 UTC 2007

I posted this the other day to the Kubuntu list and wasn't able to
generate any interest.
-----------------
With 6.10 AMD64 installed, the following line in my fstab file worked fine:
/dev/sdd1       /z              ext3    defaults        0       2

The disk is a Seagate 750 GB SATA with an Addonics SATA/SCSI converter
connected.  I've since regressed my OS to 6.06.1 LTS i386 and now that
same fstab line results in the following error on boot (exactly as
presented):

root at machine:~# s: command not foundhell and continue system startup.found. al

If I exit the prompt at this point the boot up continues and the drive
is mounted.  I can read and write to the drive without problems.  I'm
at a loss on this one.