Trouble with Ubuntu installation 6.06 LTS

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Mon Jan 29 02:52:28 UTC 2007

Amarnath Srinivasan wrote:
> I tried booting up from CD,I tried to install it in the hard disk.A box appeared for language confirmation.I selected English & clicked forward.The system froze with no activity from then on.Tried to do it multiple times.But the screen seems to get hung at that moment of language selection.
>
> My machine is a Dell Optiplex GX520 with 250 MB RAM ,Pentium based machine with 30 GB Hard-disk.
>
> Please,help.

Try it from the Alternate CD rather than the Live CD. I found that on
some of my (most) older systems that the live CD just didn't work well.
All of my installations are now from the alternate for that very reason.

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/GetUbuntu/download#lts

then after you've selected a site be sure to download the alternate CD
image.