How to restart upgrade to Feisty?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Jan 28 04:50:26 UTC 2007

Ari Torhamo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I started upgrading to Feisty from the installation disk (desktop, daily
> 24.1.), but got an error message of not having enough disk space. After
> removing some stuff from my hard disk I'm not able to restart the
> upgrade process.
>
> When I insert the installation disk, a nautilus window opens - as with
> any data CD - and not the window which asks if I want to upgrade my
> system. Reloading the disk doesn't help, neither does restarting the
> machine. I'm able to boot to the desktop from the CD and start the
> installation from there, but this way I'm apparently only able to do the
> full installation.
>
> I tried to do "gksu sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade", which I found from the
> documentation web site, but got just "Could not find the upgrade
> application archive, exiting".
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ari Torhamo

You could try the alternate CD(if there is one) or you could just do it
all via the web.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
should pick up where you left off, if you have your repositories pointed
to Feisty or the CDrom as a repository.

This site has an alternate way of doing it
http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2006/10/01/upgrade-ubuntu-606-to-610-edgy-eft-beta/

Alex