eclipse

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Fri Jan 26 23:42:15 UTC 2007

I'm running Dapper 6.06LTS

Looked into installing eclipse with apt-get -s install... got the
packages, recommended pkgs, and suggested pkgs.  Put them all together
into a single -s install, and got this as a result...

sudo apt-get -s install eclipse ant-doc libbsf-java liboro-java jython
antlr libjdepend-java libgnumail-java libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java
libcommons-net-java javacc junit-doc libbcel-java-doc
libcommons-beanutils-java-doc libcommons-collections-java-doc
libcommons-collections3-java-doc tomcat4 tomcat5 latex-xft-fonts
ecj-bootstrap ecj java-compiler eclipse-jdt-gcj eclipse-pde-gcj
eclipse-platform-gcj eclipse-rcp-gcj libswt3.1-gtk-gcj mozilla-psm

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Package jython is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package jython has no installation candidate

Then tried this -
sudo apt-cache search jython

And got this...

libbsf-java - Bean Scripting Framework to support scripting languages in
Java
eclipse-pydev - Python development plug-in for Eclipse
eclipse-pydev-gcj - Python development plug-in for Eclipse (GCJ version)
python-all - Package depending on all supported Python runtime versions
python-all-dev - Package depending on all supported Python development
packages

Do I need to install one or the other first?  Or is there something with
the original command that I screwed up?

(I picked eclipse to start with, since I think it will allow me to code
C, C++, Python, Ant, and Java in the same IDE) ...