[OT] - Does anyone here know anything about web scaling or database scaling?

Dick Dowdell dick.dowdell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 18:29:40 UTC 2007

Scalability is the property of a software system that describes how easily
it can be adapted to handle greater volumes of work.  For instance, if the
transaction volumes of a DBMS can be greatly increased (scaled) without an
inordinate increase in resource requirements and without a noticeable
decrease in performance, it is considered to have good scalability.

On 1/26/07, John Dangler <jdangler at atlantic.net> wrote:

> Does anyone here know anything about web scaling or database scaling?
> I'm trying to find out what this is and any other info... Google isn't
> turning up much, and I'm looking through some online texts, but so far
> can't find much of anything that will tell me what this means.
>
> Thanks

Regards,
Dick Dowdell
508-498-7919