Dual boot, but with two Linuxes

Clive Menzies clive at clivemenzies.co.uk
Fri Jan 26 08:55:05 UTC 2007

On (26/01/07 08:08), Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 11:17 -0600, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> >    Anyone have experience with this?  It sounds easy, but I'm not
> > sanguine about it's outcome...
> My take on this problem is that GRUB is not a boot loader. GRUB is a
> kernel manager. A boot manager is what you want, I suggest you look at
> GAG.

Well I have 5 systems on my laptop incl 1 windows, all running from 1
grub installation on the MBR.  I've done this a few times.  It just
takes getting your head around grub.

Having got grub installed once, every time I add a new system, I don't
install the bootloader (grub) but complete the installation, boot into
my main system and manually edit menu.lst adding the new system's kernel
and initrd info.

I can send you the menu.lst off list if you want it.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...