Multi Monitor config

Severin Schoepke severin.schoepke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 13:41:44 UTC 2007

stan schrieb:
>> I have already installed wat I think are the latest nvida drivers usng
>> Automatix. I think all I am missing is figurng out how to change the
>> xorg.conf file.
>>
>> I had hopes that the GUI interface would od that, as it seems to offer that
>> choice. Am I mistaken?

When you have the newest drivers (version 97XX), you can use
nvidia-settings (installed together with the driver) so set up multiple
monitors: Just start nvidia-settings, go to the 'X Server Display
Configuration' tab. Click the 'Detect displays' button if the second
screen does not already show up. Then you can set up the two monitors
the way you want them (clone, right of etc.)

HTH, Severin