adjusting texdoc file locations

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Mon Jan 22 15:24:37 UTC 2007

Hi all,

sorry for this less ubuntu-related and more TeX-related question:

Using texdoc (thanks for the previous help of installing it) to find
doc-files isn't particularly successful. If I want  info about the
utility psnfss (some fonts utility), like:

?> texdoc psnfss

will result in the online tex catalogue firing up in my web browser, but
any hyperlinks to readme's or pdf-files aren't working. Tt gives the
error message:

Firefox can't find the file at
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/doc/macros/latex/required/psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf.

If I do a 'find / -name psnfss', I find the following file:
/usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/latex/psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf.gz

How can I adjust my TeXdoc settings to point to this directory? In the
configfile for the texdocs, namely /etc/texmf/texmf.d/90TeXDoc.cnf, I
can adjust many file settings, but not the basic directories..

anyone knows how to enlarge the search directories for texdoc?

cheers,
Bram