Windows Media Files

Antonio Fonseca antonio.fonseca at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 14:50:04 UTC 2007

My experience with the Automatix always was the best possible one. It allows
you to do a lot of things in a simple and easily way, without any bigger
concerns.

Already I tried the EasyUbuntu but some time ago and I would not know to say
how well it behaves nowadays, in its recent incarnations.

I agree with you about the "RestrictedFormats" advice, something to be
seriously considered. But as you already had made this alert (about
RestrictedFormats) I decided to go ahead and suggest the evaluation of
Automatix.

At the end it is a matter of users choice!

On 1/22/07, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 23:39 -0300, Antonio Fonseca wrote:
> >
> > I suggest that you try Automatix 2 (http://www.getautomatix.com) and
> > install multimedia codecs, media players and plug-ins for the Firefox
> > using it.
>
> I suggest he doesn't, that's why I gave the RestrictedFormats link.
> Automatix is a pain:
> http://www.netsplit.com/blog/articles/2006/10/30/automatix-and-upgrading
>
> Following the advice in RestrictedFormats is safer and one even learns
> something. If it has to be an automated Tool, EasyUbuntu behaves better
> than Automatix: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EasyUbuntu

ANTONIO FONSECA
http://antoniofonseca.wordpress.com/