Problems with US archive?

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Sun Jan 21 18:50:17 UTC 2007

stan <stanb at panix.com> writes:

> Ah, that explains it. The main servers are a long waya "away". That is
> many hops, so that's why I seem to be having trouble. Where are the ca
> servers located?

Somewhere in Canadia?  I'm not really sure. If you're not in the States,
you are probably better off picking a local mirror.

This site, http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic/, will generate a
sources.list which should be specific to your country (it will also add
a bunch of other repositories you might find interesting, if you want).
Don't remember if the installer actually set the correct mirror.

--
John L. Fjellstad