add/remove software

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Jan 21 18:27:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 11:35 -0500, Erik Schmidt wrote:
> and how exactly do I use the synaptic package manager to fix things?

Search for the package you wanted to install with Add/Remove.
Doubleclick it to mark it for installation. Then click Apply in the
toolbar. If there are any conflicts, Synaptic will alert you if there
are any conflicts. Open the entry Contents. In the left side pane, go to
Managing Packages.

For more details, open the Help menu in Synaptic

> please forgive me, I am an extreme newbie

No problem, we all were there one time or other, even if some of us had
to deal with less sophisticated tools :)