Edgy: lvm + home + luks + keyfile + booting = hang

Seth Hasani sepheebear at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 16:59:21 UTC 2007

On 1/21/07, Denny Schierz <linuxmail at 4lin.net> wrote:
> i have a keyfile on a SD-Card for my encrypted home, which is a LVM
> volume. When i reboot the machine, edgy hangs on "Setting up LVM Volumes"
>
> I have to break this with "CTRL + alt + del" and after that, i have to
> start cryptdisks
>
> # /etc/init.d/cryptdisks start
> # mount /home
>
> So, what can be the problem?

I dont have that same configuration but Id guess that you need to run
your cryptdisks script at a lower priority than lvm so that everything
that is needed will be available. Or you could set /home to 'noauto'
in fstab, then have it mounted at the end of your cryptdisks script.

Seth

--
Sex is not the original sin, guilt is.