old battery?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Jan 21 15:34:23 UTC 2007

Paul Kaplan wrote:

> As I suspected...
> design capacity:       47520 mWh
> last full capacity:      14910 mWh
>
> Will cycling the battery from full to discharge 2-3 times restore the
> ability
> to charge to design capacity?  Is there anything else I might try or am i
> destined for a replacement?

Don't even think of doing that.  My LIon battery was in much the state yours
is in December.  Then it accidentally fully discharged (I put my laptop in
its bag before making sure it had successfully hibernated).  It went from a
45 minute charge to a 15 minute charge.  LIon batteries should NEVER be
allowed to go completely flat.

Fortunately, in my case, my battery was on the Dell recall list :-)
--
derek