java-gcj removal

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 10:56:41 UTC 2007

Does anyone know what the implications are of removing java-gcj?

I've installed Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05) and I'd like to use that by default but I don;t know what, if anything,  depends on the default java-gcj  java / javac .

Would it be possible to remove it and replace it with Sun's JDK? If so, does anyone know of all the packages I have to remove?

I've seen java-gcj-compat. Do I just have to remove that?

Basically, I'd just like to clean things up without breaking anything.

CIA

-Ants