dual boot - xp behaves strange

Rares Vernica rvernica at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 20:04:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

I ran "find /boot/grub/stage1" in grub console and the result was
(hd0,0). I think this means that grub is installed on the first
partition. The first partition is the Ubuntu partition.

Now, if I install grub on MBR, will I end up having 2 grubs?

Btw, just to clarify, I can boot both operating systems (Windows and
Ubuntu). The problem is that when I boot Windows, it disables to boot
flag from the Ubuntu partition. So, in order to be able to boot Ubuntu
again, I use "diskpart" in Windows and set back the boot flag on the
Ubuntu partition.

I would prefer a solution where I don't have to install any of the systems.

Thank you very much,
Ray