Adding a hard disk

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Thu Jan 18 03:26:50 UTC 2007

I thought I was in great shape until I rebooted.

I changed the owner of /home/backup to kip and the group to nogroup.
I changed the file permissions to drwxrwxr-x

Then I copied a 24 GB directory to the /home/backup directory.

When I rebooted, the /home/backup was owned by root, the group was root,
and the permissions were drwxr-xr-x and the file in the directory was
"lost+found"

Now what do I do? I want it to be shared so I can send data to it from
other computers. But It will not work if it changes ownership, group,
and permissions.

Kip