totem

User Iam vramnum10 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 19:02:58 UTC 2007

On 1/17/07, Bill Marcum <marcumbill at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:32:08 -0800, User Iam
>   <vramnum10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > --===============1060173410==
> >
> > ------=_Part_91029_5946942.1168900328818
> >
> > In Mozilla
> >
> > Totem open but, won't play .wav  files..
> >
> > How do I fix this??
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > User Iam
> >
> Some files that have names ending with .wav are really mp3 files.  You
> might need to install mplayer or xmms.

I tried installing mplayer... This is what I get

root at suna:/home/user# apt-get install mozilla-mplayer
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  mozilla-mplayer: Depends: mplayer (>= 1.0-pre5) but it is not
installableor
                            mplayer-nogui (>= 1.0-pre5) but it is not
installableor
                            mplayer-powerpc (>= 1.0-pre5) but it is not
installableor
                            mplayer-g4 (>= 1.0-pre5) but it is not
installable

So I do this

root at suna:/home/user# apt-cache search mplayer
kmplayer - media player for KDE
ksubtile - subtitle editor for KDE
mga-vid-source - Kernel driver for the back-end scaler on Matrox cards
(source)
tea - small text editor with syntax highlighting & UTF support
kmplayer-base - Base files for KMPlayer
kmplayer-doc - Handbook for KMPlayer
kmplayer-konq-plugins - KMPlayer plugin for KHTML/Konqueror
acidrip - ripping and encoding DVD tool using mplayer and mencoder
mozilla-mplayer - MPlayer-Plugin for Mozilla

There is no mplayer

I am using dapper.. And I have universe and backports turned on...

Thanks for the feed back..

Maybe I will try xmms

TIA

User Iam