server reboot loop

Frank Swasey frank.swasey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 13:56:06 UTC 2007

Thomas,
  Thank you.  Two things.

1) Where do I find the md5sum for the ubuntu-6.06.1-server-i386.iso image?
The www.ubuntu.com download pages do not seem to list any signatures.
Perhaps, I missed them.  ... Ok, I found them here

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes

And the ISO I downloaded has the correct md5sum.

2) further googling seems to indicate that if the CPU is not an i686, this
is the expected behavior.  The CPU in this latest case is an AMD K6-2 (so
definitely not an i686).

Frank