server reboot loop

Frank Swasey frank.swasey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 13:33:12 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've attempted installing the 6.06.1 server CD on two pieces of real
hardware and one virtual platform now and every time I complete the
installation (get to the point it says everything is fine, remove CD and
reboot), I get into a loop where the system POSTs, grub does its countdown,
and then the kernel should boot -- but it displays 5 lines of text, blanks
the screen and runs POST again.

I have tried using the recovery kernel (same problem).  I've even used the
memory test, left it running for 26 hours and no problems.

Suggestions?

--
I am not young enough to know everything. - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)