Installation HOWTOs: Where to find?

The Master of Disaster iamthemasterofdisaster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 06:46:02 UTC 2007

Alright, thanks, man. I'll keep that in mind. =)
I've never heard of howtoforge.com so I'll check it out.
Hopefully my burner gets here soon, as it's the final thing I'm waiting on.
I've read a lot about the installation process and I think I'm ready have at
it.
And I know there's tons of resources if I get stuck. I'm gonna go write down
all the make/models of my peripherals, as is recommended in the tutorials.

Thanks again =)

On 1/16/07, John Dangler <jdangler at atlantic.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 07:42 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 23:33 -0700, The Master of Disaster wrote:
> > > Anybody know of some good installation HOWTOs that_are_current?
> >
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation
> >
> If it's Ubuntu, Ubuntu community is the first stop... (forums, irc,
> package pages, docs, etc)
>
> If you want more, or it's not there, I usually go in this order
>
> 1) Wikipedia
> 2) Wiki links (from Wiki)
> 3) howtoforge.com
> 4) Google
> 5) This list!
>
> this list is probably one of the best grass roots resources I've ever
> seen, but going here instead of anywhere else first will give the
> impression that your too dependent on others' efforts.  So looking
> elsewhere first also gives you a chance to contribute to the list.

The Master of Disaster