Updating the Badger (v5.10) by dialup...

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Sun Jan 14 02:29:28 UTC 2007

Evening folks:

I have the base and security repositories hooked into my setup (not the
applications one just yet) and I've gotten the little pop up that updates are
waiting. So, off I go to the update manager and I find it's giving me an
estimate of 179 packages to update weighing in at an estimated 169m (I'm
assuming that's non-ISO shorthand for megabytes). Now, on dial up that is a
non-starter to do in one sitting when I'm using the household phone line. Can
that list be downloaded in smaller (considerably smaller) blocks or is that
likely to cause problems with the operation of the system.

--
Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0703-0, 2007-01-13
Tested on: 2007-01-13 21:29:31