KTorrent Slow...

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sat Jan 13 13:40:04 UTC 2007

On 1/13/07, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:

> Downloading with KTorrent is very slow. I find this to be the most easy
> Torrent client to use, but I probably don't know how to configure it
> correctly...
>
> Any ideas / pointers?

If you are behind router, presumably you opened the necessary ports,
either with the uPnP plugin or by hand. That is the only configuration
ktorrent requires.

For the rest, downloads can take time. It all depends on the number of
sources and the bandwidth they have available. Sometimes you can get
a file in a few hours, other times it can take a week or longer. These
are things ktorrent has no control over.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam